SAWYER MXS TOPO OAR
The Sawyer Artisan MXS TOPO Oar features a light weight, exceptional strength shaft that is upgraded with topographical art from our partner Kind Designs out of Colorado. The core of the MX system is the longitudinal fiberglass shaft, available in a variety of upgrades. Combine this with the blade that best fits your needs and rowing style and you have a truly customized oar that has the best balance of strength, weight, flex, durability and supports Western Resource Advocates!
Standard Shaft Features:
- Tough fiberglass whitewater oar shaft
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop
- Laminated Fir barrel grip with vinyl rubber grip covers
- Artisan TOPO Art Wrap:
- Original - Black & Blue
- Groovy - Multi-colored
- Interchangeable blades via TiteSet Blade Lock - solid, fail safe connection that won't rattle or jam
- Available lengths: 8' to 12' (overall length)
- MXS Shaft diameter: 1 5/8" I.D.
- Grip Diameter: Standard (1 5/8") or Small (1 1/2")
- 2 or 3-piece breakdown for your spare (see diagram)
- 2-Piece is designed to be two equal parts with the blade attached.
- 3-Piece is designed to have three roughly equal parts with the blade removed.
- SMALL Diameter Grip - A smaller 1.5" diameter barrel grip for rowers with small hands is available as an optional upgrade.
- Counter Balance Grip - Ease the strain on your arms with a counter balance weight in the handle of a barrel grip. Offsets the weight of the blade and lower oar when in your oarlock.
- Gilman Grips - Gilman Grips Oar Handles deliver a significant performance advantage with an ergonomic design that eliminates unintentionally spin in your hand. With or without counter balanced weight. *Upgrades must be purchased with an oar shaft. Please see Gilman Grips for standalone purchases.
Optional Karmik Re-Connect Decal Upgrade
Karmik provides outdoor enthusiasts with a reliable solution for getting your lost gear back. Scannable decals are placed under the fiberglass layer (where applicable) of Sawyer products to ensure you are prepared for your next adventure! For more information, check out their website at karmikoutdoors.com.
Western Resource Advocates
A percentage of each oar sale supports Western Resource Advocates, who protect the West's land, air, and water to ensure that vibrant communities exist in balance with nature.
Learn more at westernresourceadvocates.org.
MXS Oar Shafts are compatible with all 1 5/8" TiteSet mount Sawyer Oar Blades. Sold separately - click here to see all your options.