Sawyer MX Oar Shaft
The Sawyer MX Oar's light weight, exceptional strength and innovative good looks are a result of many years of field testing and feedback from our devoted customers. The core of the MX system is the longitudinal fiberglass shaft, available in a variety of colors and upgrades. Combine this with the blade that best fits your needs and rowing style and you have a truly customized oar that has the best balance of strength, weight, flex and durability. Build yours today!
Standard Shaft Features:
- Tough fiberglass whitewater oar shaft
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop
- Comes standard with Fiberglass/Carbon X-Weave Reinforcement (Except Camo)
- Laminated Fir barrel grip with vinyl rubber grip covers
- Interchangeable blades via TiteSet Blade Lock - solid, fail safe connection that won't rattle or jam
- Available lengths: 8.5' to 12' (overall length)
- MXS Shaft diameter: 1 5/8" I.D.
- Shaft colors: Black, Blue, Red, White, Yellow, Pink, Sky Blue, Red Flames, Camo or NEW Steelhead
Optional Shaft Upgrades:
- Send us your fabric and add personality with a custom fabric wrap (please call for this option):
Fabric Wrap Guidelines
- Full Carbon Fiber Braid Reinforcement for added strength and stiffness (black only).
- 2 or 3-piece breakdown for your spare (see diagram)
- 2-Piece is designed to be two equal parts with the blade attached.
- 3-Piece is designed to have three roughly equal parts with the blade removed.
Optional Counter Balance Upgrade
Ease the strain on your arms with a counter balance weight in the handle. Offsets the weight of the blade and lower oar when in your oarlock.
MXS Oar Shafts are compatible with all 1 5/8" TiteSet mount Sawyer Oar Blades. Sold separately - click here to see all your options.