SMALLMOUTH BASS SQUARETOP OAR
The Sawyer Artisan Smallmouth Bass Oar is our very popular SquareTop Oar with a carbon fiber X-Weave fiberglass shaft reinforcement. This lends strength and a bit of stiffness, while still allowing a forgiving flex that is easy on your joints. Features a custom Smallmouth Bass art wrap designed by Matt Stockton for a rugged and functional piece of art.
- Smallmouth Bass art graphics by Matt Stockton
- Solid laminated Douglas Fir wood oar
- Carbon Fiber X-Weave fiberglass reinforced shaft
- Carbon fiber reinforced DyneLite blade with Dynel and Kevlar ProTip protection
- Counter balanced "Square Top"
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop
- Available Lengths: 8'6" to 10' (overall length)
- Shaft diameter at Wrap: 2.3"
- Three DyneLite™ blade choices:
- Narrow: 6" W x 30" L
- Wide (standard): 7" W x 30" L
- Shoal Cut: 8.5" W x 30" L
(measured at the belly)
Featured Artist - Matt Stockton
As an avid fly-fisherman, born and raised in Berkley, Michigan, Matt's artwork centers on the apex fish of Michigan with gnarly brown trout, teethy musky, and the brute chunky smallmouth. With his unique graffiti style, he uses bold colors and spontaneous lines to create paintings and drawings, while capturing the bright colorations of the fish. While tying in Matt's roots with his "fine art" background from Western Michigan University, he creates artwork that offers an urban graffiti style combined with his love of fish.
For more info on Matt and his artwork visit www.matthewstockton.com and @stockton.fly2frame
A percentage of each oar sale goes to support Smallmouth Alliance efforts to help preserve smallmouth bass and its habitat through education and conservation. We are excited to expand our conservation efforts to benefit the Smallmouth Alliance, and we believe our partnership and commitment to warm-water fisheries and conservation are paramount.
Available for Pre-Order
Thank you for your interest in the new Artisan Series SquareTop Smallmouth oar. We are working with two exclusive fly shops for pre-ordering. Please contact Tight Lines Fishing Company in Wisconsin or Schultz Outfitters in Michigan for pre-orders. Our expected delivery timelines will be after April 1, 2020.